Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday night

We don't have any definitive results. The preliminary results lead us to believe that it is not another lymphoma but we can't be sure. Tia's blood, liver and sodium levels are well below normal so we need to figure out what is going on right away.

Needless to say, Tia will be at the hospital for a while. She is remarkably strong and usually loves visitors, so please let me know if you can stop by. Her sister, Sarah, is visiting and I am going to leave a car out there for her, so if anyone from the Westside is thinking of visiting Monday evening, can I get a ride back?

Semi-funny story. So, after the lumbar puncture on Friday, Tia was cold so we wrapped a hospital blanket around her head. She had also taken a Valium before the procedure and was instructed to lie completely still for 2 hours. On top of that, she had a migraine so her eyes were closed.

So about 45 minutes into the 2 hour period, the neurologist comes in. He looks at her and starts talking to me. I ask questions about his preliminary read of the MRI and he states that it doesn't present as a lymphoma but rather as a viral encephalitis and until the LP results come back, we will treat it as such. He then states that in cases like this, the patient can be in a coma for quite some time. At which point I told him that Tia is not in a coma, just resting as instructed.

He then asks Tia to do some typical neuro exam things like push against his arms, lift her legs against his pressure... When he asked her to squeeze his fingers, I think she was a little pissed about the coma comment as I heard the doc exclaim, " ouch, that's enough". Like I said, she is one strong, tough lady.

Tx

Jess

Sent from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Praying for Tia always, we are also thinking of Jess and the girls as she goes through yet another hospitalization, May all keep up their strength and faith. Love and Miss all. BB & TB XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You show them TIA!
    You will be home soon as the doctors may not be able to take any more!!!!!
    SEe you SOON! GLAD YOU ARE SO TOUGH!
    XOXOXO
    carrie and michael, rachel, zach and shanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia
    I left a message on your phone, before I knew you were back in the hospital. Thinking about you and sending lots of love.
    Call me when you can.
    xxoo,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete