Friday, November 11, 2011

Great news!!!!!!!

The MRI showed that the new tumor is reacting to the high Ara-C chemo and is shrinking.
We only have the preliminary results so I don't have the exact size yet but it is much smaller (that was the technical term used by Steve).

We are still very early on regarding the full schedule but it looks like she will be in the hospital for some or all of next week as her white blood counts move up. She would love to have visitors again starting on Sunday.

She will then be home for 1 to 2 weeks recuperating and having thanksgiving at home. We will then do another round of high Ara-C in December Depending upon how Tia's counts react the second round will probably entail additional hospitalization. Sometime during this second round they will try to harvest her stem cells for a future transplant.

The plan is to do the second round then follow that with 20 days of IMRT (radiation) and then do an auto stem cell transplant.

There are a lot of unknowns but tonight the entire Palermo and Ravich families are just enjoying the news and celebrating! Tia and I have a "rescue me" tv marathon planned while she has a lovely intravenous dinner of TPN and I have PB and J sandwiches. Given the news, it is like we are at a 5 star restaurant.

Thanks for everyone's support and celebrate with us!

Jess, Tia, Zoe, Rae, Ede and Ava


Sent from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. This blog is addictive. I have been checking all day, waiting to hear for the report on the MRI. So happy for all concerned! Have a good night and enjoy the good news.
    Much love and prayers from New York!
    Xxoo,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Betsy! I love checking this page...but not as much as I love the good news! Shrinkage IS good! ;)
    You are all always on my mind and in my prayers....enjoy this happy news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful news...Robin and I were checking yesterday with baited breath....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear the good news! Have a wonderful night celebrating!
    xoxo, Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy! Smaller tumor, home for Thanksgiving...the tide has shifted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic Tia! I can't wait until it's gone forever. Love, Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great New TIa!

    I guess your body is reacting well to all that tv watching and intravenous eating.
    Home for the holiday sounds perfect. Keep up the hard work. Everyone is routing for you to be back to the hood fulltime.
    xooxox
    The Scott family

    ReplyDelete